Opened Wound Got Bigger 6 Weeks Post BA; Any Suggestion?

I am 5 and a half weeks post breast reduction. I have an opened wound on my right breast for more than a week now and got bigger. I have been using silversorb but the hole got bigger and bleed. On the left has some hard lump on the side and it hurts. Any suggestion. When would i be fully recovered?

Breast Reduction Open Wound

+1

It’s very difficult to definitively answer your question without seeing you, or at the very least seeing a photo. Breast reduction surgery is fraught with potential complications and only your surgeon will be able to definitively answer these questions for you at this time.  It sounds like your doing everything correctly at this time, but again, without seeing you it’s impossible to tell. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Open Wound

+1

Most likely the wound has dehiscne anf you have the begining of an infection. in most of these occasions the implant has to be removed.

John S. Poser, MD

Open Wound after Breast Reduction?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experience. Sometimes these “open wounds” will get a little worse/bigger before they  begin to heal and decrease in size. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you regarding the “hard lump” and the symptoms you are experiencing.

You should have some peace of mind that these types of issues generally improve over the course of the next several weeks. Patients generally end up very pleased with the results of the breast reduction surgery.

Open wound after breast reduction

+1

Wound breakdown after breast reduction is not uncommon and usually heals well. Most of these wounds heal within 3-6 weeks. However, it is your surgeon who will direct the treatment of this wound. You need to address your concurs with him/her and follow all the instructions. As for the lumps, most likely they are fat necrosis and they usually disappear. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD