Open Wound After Tummy Tuck. Does This Happen Often?

I had Tummy tuck & lipo 5 weeks ago About a week ago my middle section incision opened up and I’m now during dressing changes a few times a day. I’m still bloated which I think cause the wound to open in the first place Is it common for wounds to open up after tummy tuck? And how long will it take to heal? The wound is across the middle section of my tummy and is about 2 ½ inch wide Thank you,

Wound After Tummy Tuck?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experience. Yes, incision line separation and/or wound healing problems may occur after tummy tuck (or any other type of plastic surgical procedure).  It may take several weeks to heal with dressing changes. Generally,  patients do well but may require scar revision surgery down the line.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and continue to be patient  through the process.