Following Open Septoplasty my Doctor Says He Will Only Remove my Nasal Splint After One Month Has Passed , is This Normal?

I an almost 3 weeks now post the open septoplasty . I had very bad swelling all over my face followed by bad bruising around the eyes which has now turned to black halos around my eyes. I feel that my nasal splints or at least the lengthy period they have remained in place have contributed to the sliww progress and unnecessary hardship . My doctor says it is normal . Is it

Septoplasty

+2
I remove my splints at seven days post surgery and have never left one on longer then that. I would discuss with your surgeon why he wants the splint on so long and if this is his standard of care for all septoplasty procedures. As far as the post operative bruising I would suggest some topical arnica to help dissipate the "halo" bruising. Some surgeons use tape after the splint is removed, I personally do not. To answer your question no it is not normal to leave a splint on for thirty days. I have been doing rhinoplasty and septoplasty for thirty years and see no reason for the excessive time frame.