Open roof deformity 8 months post op? (photo)

I had a primary septorhinoplasty done 8 months ago, had a hump removed and no tip work done. My nose now looks like a blob with no shape and is wider from the front especially when i smile. Also i can feel a small gap betwern my nasal bone running down the middle. Does it look like i have a open roof deformity? What can be done now? Im very upset with the result. Thank you!

Over-resected Dorsum

+2

Hi,

It looks like you may have an over-resected dorsum. This can leave you with an open roof deformity. Its difficult to say without seeing it in person. 

DrS

Open roof deformity 8 months post op?

+2

The open roof is difficult to appreciate, if it is present.  The tip can certainly be refined if there is no improvement over the next 4 months.  

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Open Roof?

+2
Based on your pre-operative and post-operative pictures, it is hard to diagnosis an open roof. A physical examination is necessary. Consult and trust your surgeon or seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+2

Very hard to tell what is after vs before in your posted photos. As for "open roof" deformity over the internet can not see it.. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions. If you do have a minor "open roof" than only revision surgery can correct...  

Open roof deformity

+2

While you may feel a small gap between your nasal bones it doesn't appear as if you have a significant open roof deformity. Best to be assessed in person. Your nose likely is not completely healed and will change over the next few months. If at the end of a year of healing you still are hoping for more refinement talk to your surgeon and see what your options are. A second opinion may also help you understand what can and cannot be obtained with your nose. I hope this helps.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open roof deformity?

+2

Pictures and written descriptions are limited in diagnosing any situation but an open roof is possible. Ask your rhinoplasty surgeon what he/she thinks. Revision is a viable possibility.  Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Open Roof Deformity?

+2
It is difficult to diagnose an open roof deformity with just pictures but what I see is consistent with that problem where the nasal bones are separated in the mid-line. Although you're just 8 months post-op I suggest you start considering a revision which will be necessary to fix the nasal contour that you don't like.