I Had a Open Rhinoplasty 5 Months Ago with Alar Base and Im Depressed It Looks too High on the Tip What Should I Do?

I had open rhynoplasty 5 months ago with alar base ive been so depressed the tip of my nose is still high and my nostrils are triangle and even, one side of my nose is more swollen then the other side i just dont know what to do ive visit my surgeon and he said he will do a revision if i want but im so scared that i would look worse or more swollen what should i do im so so depressed that i been hiding for 5 months from my family and friends i just dont know what to do

Raised tip 5 months post Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Bunny1,

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your results.

Without photographs and physical examination, it is hard to give you a solid diagnosis.

Nonetheless, at 5 months post-surgery there is still room for further healing but if there is a bold deformity, revisions could be considered when complete healing is established.

I encourage you to consult with several BOARD CERTIFIED surgeons of ample experience in Rhinoplasty.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Seek a second opinion and consider revision surgery

+2

Ideally, one waits six months months prior to any revision surgery.  If you have obvious deformities, one can consider revision surgery somewhat sooner.  Make appointments for consultations with multiple surgeons. Look at lots of before and after photos. Board certification by The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology or The American Board of Plastic Surgery is preferred. Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raised Tip Following Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose will change over the next 5-7 months because you are only 5 months after your rhinoplasty. At this time all you can do is be patient.