I Had Open Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Ago and my Nose Looks Like It Has a Big Bump Near my Eyes and Profile Looks Uneven? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. My nose was not straight and I needed a minor bump removed on bone but now it seems like my nose is healing very uneven where the doctor broke it to straighten .My nose has a bigger bump on it near my eyes. Where he was ment to smooth it out. It's hard like bone . Will this smooth out or is it going to stay uneven ?

3 weeks after open rhinoplasty

+1

3 weeks is still very soon after your procedure, and there is swelling present that will affect your result. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your surgery. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal, as it is too early to come to any conclusions. Following up with your surgeon would be the next best step, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

I Had Open Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Ago and my Nose Looks Like It Has a Big Bump Near my E

+1

Though ONLY 3 weeks post op I see the areas of concern. Seems very hard to have these issues via an open rhinoplasty technique. Either poor technically or in experience operator. 

Bump

+1

It is too early to objectively assess your nose.  The "bump" may improve with time with resolution of swelling.  Be patient.  Time will tell. Good luck.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can have some swelling post op

+1

After surgery it is not uncommon to have some swelling and fluid in the tissue. This is normal.  With time this should improve.  It is important to visit your doctor to make sure the nose is healing well. If you have any concerns the first visit should be to your surgeon.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon