Fixing Stitches After Rhinoplasty

I have recently had an open rhinoplasty about 2 weeks ago. It appears that the incision underneath one side of my nostril (where it was stitched) had pulled away, causing a larger gap in the nostril.

How expensive and detailed is this to repair? And can this be done in an office setting? I’m very concerned! Thank you.

one or two dissolvable stitches are usually placed using a local anesthetic.

+1

The incision that had pulled away causing a gap in the nostril will probably resolve on its own. If there is a significant gap in the nostril area, one or two dissolvable stitches are usually placed using a local anesthetic.

Rhinoplasty incision

+1

Small corrections of the rhinoplasty scar can be done in the office setting usually with just local anesthesia.  But, give it some time at least 3-6 months before considering it.

Minor office procedure

+1

This is a minor office procedure done under local anesthesia and is usually done at minimal or no cost. Discuss this with your surgeon. This is usually done in 30 minutes.

Repairing Widened Scar After External Approach rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Chi,

Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your surgeon should be able to revise the scar in the office under local anesthesia, and I would think at no or minimal charge. 

Be well and enjoy your new nose.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.