Ask a doctor

Open Rhinoplasty Recovery - Can I Attend a Wedding 1 Month Post-op?

I am supposed to attend a celebrity wedding a month after having rhinoplasty. Since both my bones and cartilage will go through re-shaping, I'm worried about how presentable I will look for the occasion. What are the approximate/objective results I can expect one month post-op?

Doctor Answers (10)

You should be wedding photo ready one month post Rhinoplasty

+1
In the hands of a skilled surgeon you should be more then presentable one month post open rhinoplasty. The incision on the columella should be well healed and easily concealed. You will have some minimal residual swelling that most likely will not be noticeable to anybody but yourself. Prior to surgery make sure you stay off of aspirin and aspirin containing products, herbs, and any other blood thinners to avoid any excessive bruising. In the post operative phase avoid a high sodium diet and sleep with a few pillows behind your head to elevate yourself and reduce swelling. Wishing you the best!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 110 reviews

Yes. You wil be ready for wedding in 1 month

+1

Yes. One month is adequate for the initial phase of healing to have you ready for a wedding. Remember to ice the nasal bridge and forehead to reduce swelling. Dr. G

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

You

+1

Ms. Haner,

One month after surgery should not be problem for looking presentable.  There will still be some swelling that probable only you, your surgeon and one close to you would recognize.

Have Fun

Dr. ES

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Open Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

You should be presentable one month after your rhinoplasty. Some swelling will be present, especially in the tip, but this will not be obvious to others. It  will take several months to achieve the final definition and refinement.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

You should look great one month after a well-performed open rhinoplasty.

+1

My patients are on unrestricted activity 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery, and there is typically very little swelling remaining 3 weeks post-op. I counsel my patients that 90% of rhinoplasty swelling is gone 3 weeks post-op; the remaining 10% of swelling may take up to a year to completely resolve. All the best from NJ

Web reference: http://www.nosejobphotos.com/index.htm

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 256 reviews

You will look normal 1 month after open rhinoplasty.

+1

Of course this assumes that your surgeon is experienced and does natural looking noses. The swelling won't be totally gone for 6-12 months.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Open tip rhinoplasty recovery

+1

At one month, it is very likely that all bruising will be gone. However, I may differ from my colleagues in stating that your tip is likeley to still exhibit some swelling. To give you an idea, we typically wait at least 6 months before taking post-operative photos in order to display the long term result.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

How would your nose look like one month after open rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Victoria,

You can attend that wedding without any major problems. Any possible bruising can be improved by keeping the head of bed elevated, using Arnica, oral supplements such as pine apple extract and vitamin C. You can also apply makeup and cover up over any areas of minimal bruising. There will be some remain gin swelling that should resolve over the following year.

Have fun and I hope this helped.

Dr Sajjadian

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 90 reviews

What will you look like one month after open Rhinoplasty?

+1
One month after open rhinoplasty you should be ok to attend a wedding. You may require some cover up makeup for any residual bruising. Have fun! Best regards Dr D
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Look one month after open rhinoplasty

+1

You should look very presentable at one month after open rhinoplasty.  A little make up and there should be no problem attending a wedding.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...