Open Rhinoplasty - 7 Months PO, Happy With Results, But Nose is Swollen and Piggy?

Hi there, I had open rhinoplasty exactly 7 months ago and whilst I am very happy with the results my nose is still very swollen and looks piggy from some angles? Is there anything you can advise is this normal? Will the tip keep dropping? When I am hot it seems to swell more too. I have another follow up with my surgeon at 9 months but wanted to know if this was normal? thanks so much!

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+2

From what you describe, it seems that you still have a degree of swelling present.  This residual swelling is probably what is causing you tip to appear full.  You must allow at least one year to pass for your nose to fully heal.  At one year post op you will have a much better idea of what the final appearance of your nose will be.  In the meantime, follow up with your surgeon at regular intervals to evaluate your healing.  

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+2

Swelling after rhinoplasty can persist for a year and sometimes longer. Give it time to settle down.

Rhinoplasty swelling takes a long time to resolve

+2
it is all normal. swelling will take about 1.5 years to improve. usually the tip does not drop as the swelling decreases. the increased swelling with heat can also be normal

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Nose 7 months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like your tip may still be swollen. You can ask your surgeon for a kenelog shot to help with the swelling this may help.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Open Rhinoplasty at 7 Months

+1

An open rhinoplasty at 7 months probably still has swelling in the tip.  With regard to tip rotation, an open rhinoplasty tip is more likely to drop than a closed rhinoplasty tip, but only your surgeon can answer that.  Struts and other maneuvers can prevent further tip descent.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The everchanging nose after rhinoplasty

+1

After a septorhinoplasty it will seem like you have a different nose every now and again for up to one year.  If the tip seems too high and overly rotated, this is something to discuss with your surgeon.  There are certain things you can do for this situation. For now, I would be patient and discuss.

Jay Calvert, MD