Open Rhinoplasty 3 Months Ago, when Can I Get Revision to Refine the Tip and Breathing Difficulties?

I had a deviated septum and a hump on the bridge of my nose. The physician was supposed to break my nose but said that it wasn't necessary. After the cast was removed I noticed my nose had bones stick out where my hump was originally. I asked for tip refinement and my tip is extremely bulbous, a sloped profile but its straight w/a slight hump, but most of all I can't breathe at all through my nose anymore. When would be an appropriate time to inform my physician he needs to redo the surgery?

When is it time for revision rhinoplasty

+1

It's a bit early to be having revision surgery. We usally recommend waiting about a year after surgery before doing revision work. The idea is to get a better idea of your baseline result and also allow the tissue planes and scar inside the nose to soften.

Wait at least 12 months before another surgery

+1

The swelling takes at least a year to go down completely and return to normal. Therefore, it is best to wait 12-18 months to see how the nose turns out before returning to your surgeon. I would also recommend that you seek out the advice of a surgeon with experience in revision rhinoplasty.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Problems after rhinoplasty

+1

Sounds like you have an open roof deformity, over resection of the dorsum, and no resolution to breathing problems.  I would recommend seeking another opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with revision rhinoplasty. 

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Revision of nose

+1

At three months it is a bit early to undergo a revision.  You should wait about one year to allow for swelling to dissipate.

Revision 3 Months Following Open hinoplasty

+1

We recommend that patients wait about 1 year to determine the final appearance after healing before a revision rhinoplasty. I think that time is especially necessary in a patient like you who unfortunately has many complaints and apparent problems.