Open Rhinoplasty with Fascia Graft Swelling? (photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty about 3.5 weeks ago with a fascia graft inserted to make my nose longer because my doctor said my nose started too low and to fix the appearance of a bump. When the cast came off I was so distraught because the bridge seemed extremely wide but he told me it was just swelling. At the moment, the bridge is still wide but a bit less wide, and I want to know if it's swelling or if this is the final result. I'm very nervous that my nose looks unnatural now. Please help.

Open rhinoplasty with fascia graft swelling?

+3

3.5 weeks is still very soon after your surgery, and you have some healing to do. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed. Swelling can result in the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities, and the nose will continue to change. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck

Open rhinoplasty with fascia graft swelling.

+2

Open rhinoplasty with fascia graft swelling is normal. You can relax as this will take several months to go down.

Open Rhinoplasty with Fascia Graft Swelling?

+2

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD