Scar Tissue in Nostrils 11 Months Post-op

Had an Open Rhinoplasty to Correct Asymmetrical Tip 11 Months Ago.  Is It Normal to Feel Bulby Scar Inside the Nostrils?

Along the top/roof of the nostrils, I can still feel the scars. Feels like scar tissue that is round/raised? Do I need surgery to remove them?

Lumpy scar inside nose after Revision Open Rhinoplasty

+2

At 11 months after the Revision Open Rhinoplasty, the scars are fully healed.  Rounded lumpy scars in the upper segments, of the incision line, can be the result of a partial web formation at the peak of the incision.  Some surgeons choose not to completely close the incision line, especially at the peak of the incision point.  Theese should not create you any issues that are not readilly obvious at this point.  You shouild leave them alone and not look into your nose or place things inside of the nose as this can lead to severe nose bleeds.

Scarring after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are not having any functional or aesthetic problems, there is nothing that needs to be performed.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Lumpy nostril

+1

It may be scar tissue or thickness from cartilage grafts if they were used in the tip or nostrils. If they are not visible then forget about them.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar vs. cartilage

+1

what you may be feeling inside could be cartilage grafts used during your surgery to correct the deformities you mentioned

Sam Naficy, MD

Scar tissue in the nostrils post open rhinoplasty

+1
If the scars tissue is palpable anx not visible or causing any problems by obstructing your normal breathing then you should have no concerns. I would bring this to the attention of your surgeon and go in for a follow up visit. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Scar Tissue inside nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Sometimes the incisions inside the nose can produce scar tissue.  It is only necessary to treat these areas if you have symptoms such as obstructed breathing - which is very unusual.  If they are not visible and not causing you a problem, then there is no treatment necessary.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Post rhinoplasty scars in the nose

+1

If you can feel the invisional scars but, not see them and if you breathing is not impaired, i would leave them alone and let more time go by. The incisions at the alar rim often protrude if not sutured correctly. So if in your surgeon's opinion this is only skin no fix will be needed but, if the remaining lower lateral cartilage has dropped, a repair may be needed. Time will tell

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Scar tissue in nostrils

+1

Although it is difficult to answer a question like this without examining you or seeing photos of what you are describing, it is normal for there to be a raised area just inside the nostril rim from the incisions usually made during an open rhinoplasty.  This will usually flatten out over the first year.  If they are just "feel-able" but not visible and are not causing you pain or discomfort, I would probably just recommend watching it.  Obviously you should bring this to the attention of your surgeon to make sure things look the way they should.

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon