Is It Okay to Under Go a Open Rhinoplasty After 3 Days of Getting a Tattoo on Either Side of the Ribs?

Is it okay to under go a open rhinoplasty after 3 days of getting a tattoo on either side of the ribs? and if one is quite small and the other is a bit bigger..example size of a mango and the other a size of a snow pea? Thanks!

Open Rhinoplasty 3 days after rib tattooing

+1

Getting tattoos 3 days before surgery on your ribs will not affect your surgery unless there is a rib graft to be harvested (you would have been told). Good luck with your surgery!

Michael Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after body tattooing

+1

It is certainly acceptable to undergo rhinoplasty directly after having had tattooing.  Always a good idea to let your surgeon know.  

Rhinoplasty 3 Days after Tattoo Adjacent to Ribs

+1

Tattoos will not interfere with having an open rhinoplasty 3 days later. However, if rib grafts are planned as part of the nasal surgery the tattoos should be avoided.

Tattoo

+1

I can't think of a contraindication, unless your tattoo sites are infected.  Your surgeon can best advise you based on his/her preferences.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Rhinoplasty after Tattoo on sides of ribs

+1

There should not be any problem undergoing Rhinoplasty surgery after getting tattoos on the sides of your ribs.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Tattoo

+1

I do not see a problem with having a Rhinoplasty after having tattoo near your ribs.  Make your surgeon aware of this, in case he has questions.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD