Open Rhinoplasty on May 23, bumps on the side of the bridge of my nose. Should I be worried or is this normal? (photo)

It has been about 5 months since my surgery. From the side it is hard to notice the bump, but if I run my fingers along the bridge of my nose I can feel it. It almost feels like a "patch". It is hard, barley sensitive. Once the splint came off the swelling made my nose look "uniform", but when the swelling of the tip went down I started to notice how my nose was thinner right above the tip then widens up and thins back down right between my eyes. What are the chances the bump will go down?

Open Rhinoplasty on May 23, bumps on the side of the bridge of my nose. Should I be worried or is this normal?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

The width of your nasal bones may decrease slightly after rhinoplasty surgery, depending on your examination.

+1

By 5-6 months post-op, most nasal swelling in the bridge has dissipated after rhinoplasty surgery. If it doesn't improve to your liking, you may be a candidate for Silikon-1000 injections below the bumps, to provide a smoother appearance.

I do not recommend HA, PMMA, CaHydroxylAppetite, or other large particle fillers since these are associated with skin necrosis in a minority of patients. Silikon-1000 in a permanent, off-label filler that is not associated with skin necrosis or blindness when used properly.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4657

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon