Open Revision with Local? (photo)

surgeon told me i could get the extra cartilage (about the size of a small pea) in the right side of my tip 'shaved down' in an open procedure under local anesthetic. what could the aesthetic effects on my nose be after having this done? i dont want to screw up my profile. DR said 'nothing really' and yet seemed to put me off having it done by telling me to think about it some more even though i have for over a year

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Without a formal exam , it is difficult for me to suggest what would be best for you. While some tip work can be done under local, I prefer that the patient is more comfortable during the procedure and that is why I like to do it under anesthesia.

Open Revision with local?

+1

Hello, I have reviewed your photo and I do see what your concern is however I can not advise you from this one photo. I do not agree with performing this procedure under local anesthesia. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Open Revision Rhinoplasty with Local Anesthesia

+1

A minor revision can be done with local anesthesia. However, a full set of pictures would be necessary to suggest what should be done. If you have doubts about what your surgeon is recommending get a second opinion from a rhinoplasty revision specialist.

Your single photo is inadequate for evaluating your candidacy for Revision Rhinoplasty.

+1

If you have a protuberant piece of right nasal tip cartilage that is bothering you, you may benefit from a second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty specialist. I rarely perform revision surgery under local anesthetic since even minor irregularities may require wide undermining and repositioning of your tip cartilages. In my experience, some patients with minor tip irregularities may benefit from judicious Silikon-1000 injections. Silikon-1000 is an off-label permanent filler that may, in certain cases, camouflage tip irregularities, especially if the nasal tip is narrow or pinched.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon