What Changes Can Open or Closed Rhinoplasty Do to my Nose? (photo)

I would ultimately like a smaller nose that from the profile, goes down and then up. As in, remove the hump. And the tip I would like more pointy and smaller. I've included pictures of my nose from different angles, and then pictures of the type of nose I would consider my "goal nose". Also, input on whether any additions to the chin would help even out my face. I feel as though I am lacking a chin in my profile. Any input would really be great.

rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

Closed rhinoplasty  usually involves removal of the hump, decrease in the projection of the nose, refining  the tip, and narrowing the bridge.  All the incisions are placed on the inside of the nose so there is no external incisions. A chin implant is placed thru a submental incision to give more projection and facial balance to the chin area. De- projecting the nose and increasing the projection of the chin is a nice way to give better facial balance. Please see the link below for examples of the same combination we have performed our practice. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available our website for you to try

Rhinoplasty, by any route, plus Chin Implant would be Great.

+1

Dear Maggie; You appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  Removal of the hump and refining the tip would be very, very positive for you.  However, to further enhance your profile, at least consider having a chin augmentation.  Your chin is receding because it does not go as far forward as a vertical line dropped from the lower lip, which is the standard for ideal facial proportion.  You have beautiful lips and eyes, and all the other facial structures would complement a slightly smaller nose and a stronger chin. 

If you are not certain if a chin implant would be advisable or, more importantly, acceptable to you, I suggest you have computer imaging so that you could see the predicted look of the nose by itself, the rhinoplasty and then the further benefit of a chin augmentation.  Only then would you be able to see the expected results which should be very good for you.

Also: Visit websites, read books, do your homework, and I think you will be very pleased. 

Most importantly, regardless if surgery is done through an external open approach or through an internal closed approach, it is the skill, experience, the degree of specialization of the surgeon which counts much more than the route by which the surgery is done.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

robertkotlermd.com

Robert Kotler, MD

What Changes Can Open or Closed Rhinoplasty Do to my Nose?

+1

Open Rhinoplasty would be able to reduce the nasal bridge and thin the nose both the bone and tip area.  From the photo provided, the chin should be augmented with a Chin Implant.

+1

The tip can be refined and elevated and the dorsal hump can be reduced through a closed approach, and the chin implant can be placed through the mouth to allow for no external scars.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and chin augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

Hello to a fellow Grosse Pointer! Your appearance would be enhanced with a rhinoplasty and chin implant.  Your nasal bridge needs to be reduced, and your columella (the center strut separating the nostrils) can be raised a bit without changing the angle of the nose to reduce the area of your columella that shows.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon for the best results.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

It appears that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and a chin implant.  Open vs. closed is a non issue.  Your surgeon will need to make the decision base upon your structural anatomy and expectations.  

Type of Rhinoplasty

+1

The issue is not which technique is better for a rhinoplasty.The important issue is how can your anatomy be altered in a way to optimize your  final result. Different surgeons utilize different techniques but the key is the final position of the various anatomic elements. You should seek out an individual with extensive experience in the relevant area for any medical problem.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

What can rhinoplasty do for your nose

+1

Your goal photo is within range though not without a chin implant to reduce the facial convexity and improve your profile. Rhinoplasty both open and closed can acheive quite alot and computer imaging can help you decide and plan the changes accurately.

Rhinoplasty with chin implant for a better profile.

+1

Rhinoplasty with chin implant for a better profile would be very beneficial for your facial aesthetics. I am assuming that you have normal occlusion where your upper and lower teeth fit together normally. The tip needs to have increased projection be shortened and have the bump removed, etc. You need to see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to do this for the best results.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Based on your profile photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for both rhinoplasty and chin implant placement.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.
Open and closed rhinoplasty approaches are used for surgery; however, the approach is also dependent on what you are looking to achieve and your underlying nasal anatomy.

Kimberly Lee, MD