Had a Breast Lift Maxtopexy on Both Breasts, But Caspulectomy on One, Does that Explain the Uneven Swelling?

Open Caspsulectomy on left side with a Breast Lift MASTOPEXY on both breast on December 20,2012. The doctor added 30cc on the left side cause it was smaller than right side before the 2nd surgery. Now my left breast is bigger than the right?? Is it possible to be swollen on my left breast still?

Size difference of breasts

+1

Most if not all swelling should be resolved in 2 months.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon with your concerns.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Revisionary Surgery?

+1

At two months post op,   especially given the complexity of the surgery you have undergone, you are certainly not seeing the end results of surgery. You will find that the breasts will change significantly over the course of the next 2 months. In the meantime, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon to rule out complications and for precise answers to your questions and concerns.

Breast surgery and asymmetry

+1

Each breast may have responded a bit differently to the surgery especially since one had a capsulectomy.  Give them time to heal.

Capsulectomy causes increased swelling..

+1

The open capsulectomy on one side certainly complicates the recovery. I would expect the swelling to be uneven, as much more work was done on the left. This may take several months to even out. However, I would see your surgeon to make sure that there is no fluid collection on the capsulectomy side. Good Luck.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon