Open Bite from Thumb Sucking and Invisalign? (photo)

My question is, I sucked my thumb from birth until I was 18 (horrible overbite and open bite). I am 46 now and in the past have been told the only solution was to have my jaws broken and braces and that I wouldn't end up even then with a perfect smile. However, this was not an option because I have Lupus and the surgery was major and scary. I have extensive dental work, one tri-bridge upper right one crown upper left and one crown lower left. Could invisalign help me? My tooth alignment is horri

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Open Bite

+1

Invisalign is not for your case.  But you could use conventional braces.  Conventional braces will yield a good result.  Your treatment may also include temporary anchorage devices.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Open bite

+1

If you can not have surgery then full braces is the best way to go and alot easier for you. You need a good perio exam and after your hyigene is improved treatment came start.  Understand that without surgery the bite might not stay closed anda relapse to a degree but the bite will improve alot and work and look better

Chesterfield Orthodontist