Does This Pleat Look Normal? (photo)

Im 11 days po so i know its early. My po said he used stitching to attach my skin to my muscles. There was 4 of them put in by the looks of it. Three of them seem fine but one of them seems so deep and folds. He says it will smooth out once my skin attaches to my muscles. Im just wondering what you think of it? Sorry the pic is sideways for some reason.

Irregular contours after tummy tuck

+2

Dear Canadian Girl.  In a word, "yes" this appears normal.  Your surgeon probably used absorbable sutures.  When they dissolve, they release the tissues and the dents resolve.  Hope this help.s

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Does This Pleat Look Normal?

+1

I am sure this looks distressing to you (and to your surgeon). I assume this is a dissolving stitch placed to minimize the chance of seroma formation. Chances are this will smooth out once it dissolves. Massaging in the area may hasten the process, or at least work the stitch loose. Best wishes. 

Normal pleats after tummy tuck

+1

Some subtle indents along suturing is indeed normal, however to look at yours and say all is 'normal' is a bit misleading. The picture speaks for itself. We do feel that the indents and fold are very likely to smooth out to your relief and your surgeon's.