Can I get a natural look with small Breast Augmentation?

Hi! I am going for my BA in 3 weeks. I am petite at 5-"6", 115 lbs. I wear a 34a right now and my breast width is approximately 11 cm. I can't stress enough that I want a subtle change. I am thinking either 190 or 205 allergan mod plus profile. I see a lot of pictures online that are small but don't look natural. Attached are a couple photos of what I am going for. Also would a low profile give me a natural look while laying down? Is there anyone that has had a small BA done that can help?!

Small size

The most natural appearance of augmented patients comes when the final breast shape is composed of relatively more breast tissue and relatively less implant. 

Unfortunately, the photos are not showing up on this page, so anything more specific I cannot offer. 

All the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Shaped implants give natural result

Thank you for your question. You absolutely can have a natural result.  Depending on the patient's anatomy I get the best results with Sientra's shaped, oval base, low profile silicone implants.  You can also get a good result with a moderate or mid-range implant.  It depends on your measurements and how much upper pole fullness you prefer.  Hope this helps.
Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

969 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Achieving a natural look in breast augmentation

The key to a natural looking result with breast implants is making sure the implant fits behind your natural breast properly, knowing what effect you will get from the forward volume (profile) of the implant, and then getting the implant positioned by the surgeon in the partially subpectoral position along with your help in getting it healed there. 
In general, the smallest increase in apparent breast size with a round implant is about one cup size. This is done with an implant that fits properly behind your breast (has a diameter about 1 cm less than your breast upright with arms down) and has the lowest forward profile in round, smooth surface implants. This would be low profile in saline-filled implants and moderate profile in gels. 
The middle profile implant can also look quite natural while making your breast look about 1 1/2 cup sizes larger. This would be a medium profile in saline-filled and moderate plus in gel-filled implants. Profiles higher than medium can start to look less natural, particularly when starting with little breast tissue. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

400 S McCaslin Blvd
Boulder, CO 80303

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Torre 7, José Clemente Orozco 2230 Zona Rio
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

Small breast augmentation

You must communicate very effectively with your plastic surgeon as to your desired outcome. My experience is that few women want a "modest augmentation" and when that is delivered. They want to be fuller. Clear communication will save you a lot of heartache in the end.

Ear Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Breast augmentation, sizing, #cosmeticsurgery #breastcontouring

Dear Newby14
Thank you for your question!  The size of implant is important - and with your frame- the lower range 150 to 190 size would give you a nice size and look "natural".  A moderate profile implant or a moderate plus profile implant could be used and have a good result when lying down.

With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

199 Avenue Road
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2J3

Looking for Natural Results

Yours is a great question.  Most patients I see are looking for a natural result.  The number one factor to achieve that is to choose an implant that won't overwhelm your figure.  In the 190-205 cc range you should be able to have a very natural result given the measurements you describe.

In that size range your options include smooth round or textured implants.  The key measurement for the implant is that its width should be less than your measured breast width.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

110 East Main Street #6
Huntington, NY 11743

Natural breast augmentation

To help my patients achieve their goals, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

6400 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030

Natural breast augmentation

You are the ideal patient for most plastic surgeons as your goals are achievable and realistic.
The implants you have selected will give you a very natural outcome.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Suite 4 Level 6 75 Crown St Woolloomooloo
Sydney, NSW 2011

Small breast augmentation

I do not see any posted photos. If you want a more natural result they are most common with small augmentations. The more breast tissue you have the better.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028