What would clear up my Rosacea? Does this look like Rosacea to you? (Photo)

Ive had this since i was eary 20's It wasnt as bad, but now i have a really red patch on my right cheek. The other side has some discolouration. Its embarassing and when I get hot my cheeks get really flushed. I am only 28 now and make up doesnt really cover up the red patch anymore. Ive been prescribed Metro gel. I told my doctor i thought it was Rosacea and was never told it wasnt. What would last the longest and Be more affordable treatment for this?

Rosacea - Combination of Treatments Needed

There are many things like avoiding trigers, medical skin care products, topical antibacterials, topical anti-inflammatories, oral antibacterials, oral retinoids (isotretinoin), lasers (Cutera Excel-V KTP laser) and light based devices (blue/red light, IPL/BBL, PDT with metvix or levulan) to treat your rosacea. Skin care products that I have found great results with are the following: 

VivierSkin® HEXAM Cleanser -  Rosemary extract, grape seed extract, and vitamin C aid in thoroughly removing environmental pollutants, excess oil and makeup.  This is an oil free, alcohol free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic cleanser.

SkinCeuticals® Redness Neutralizer -  Formulated with NeurMed Complex to help neutralize the environmental triggers that exacerbate redness. Also contains biomimetic peptides to cool the skin, provide instant relief and help alleviate and heat sensation.

ViverSkin® LEXXEL Moisturizer -  This cream calms, soothes, and helps reduce signs of redness, inflammation, irritation and bacteria. Contains hexamidine, an antimicrobial with powerful anti-redness properties. 

EltaMD® UV Physicial Broad Spectrum SPF 41 -  Contains zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and is chemical free, natural UV protection. Water resistant. Light tint.

For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with your condition.  

Mirvaso for rosacea

Mirvaso is the newest topical treatment for rosacea, but you cannot overdue it when applying it. We don't want all the color out of your face, just the redness. Metro gel is an older medication and I've never been very impressed by it. IPL Fotofacial is great at controlling rosacea breakouts but they do need to be repeated. Consult a dermatologist who is an expert in rosacea.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."