Placement & Size for Recommendation for a Natural Appearance? (photo)

I am 31 years old, 5'4, 110lbs, I was a C prior to breastfeeding 2 children. Significant volume loss. I have a BA in May/13. 1. Do you believe I will end up with the "snoopy" look if she uses the dual plane technique? 2. Are my breasts too low for dual plane? 3. My PS believes a moderate plus profile at 325cc will fill the "sac", do you agree? Breast diameter of 13" & 12.5". I want to educate myself and make this decision carefully, and truly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

Dual plane breast augmentation may work well for you.

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. While you do have glandular ptosis your nipple appears to be above or at the inframammary crease. Based on this a breast augmentation using the dual plane approach may work well for you. If you are unhappy with the result you can of course always have a lift as a secondary procedure.

Breast Augmentation

+1

It appears that a dual plane approach may work for you.  Your nipples are front projecting on the breast mound and you do have visible skin beneath the areola also noted on your frontal photo.  Depending on how far the bottom of your breast droops below your crease is also a key determinant and your plastic surgeon would be best to explain that to you.  I would think a volume of 325cc or more should be of benefit and you need to decide a reasonable size for yourself in regards to how large you would like to be.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Will implant fill my breast?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question and photos. While I do not think you need a lift, I'm not convinced that a 325 cc implant will fill the volume. You appear to be an A+ B- right now. If you were a C prior to breast feeding, I assume you increased in size substantially to a D, but more likely DD due to your skin laxity. A 325 implant will probably only get you back to a C+ so there will still be some skin laxity most likely. Doing an in person examination, of course, is the only way to give a solid opinion though. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

You certainly would benefit froma breast augmentation to fill the empty breast. I do not think you need a lift, but you may based upon an exam.

Fill size

+1

Hi canada,

great question. Yes, you will benefit greatly with a breast aug under the muscle. I do not believe you are at risk for a snoopy look. 

You also don't need a lift. Your nipple position is excellent and "points" forward.  However, i don't think that a 325 will FULLY correct your degree of loose skin. Typically, this type of skin, stretches very easily. It will continue to sag slightly after surgery. 

I expect you will look great, the skin will be less saggy and more full. it just won't be 100% full and tight. However, i think that is ok. it is normal to have a small degree of looseness especially after kids. Remember: 

no smoking

no aspirin / motrin

avoid birth control pills / herbals / diet supplements

eat healthy and take a multivitamin

eat a high fiber diet: the pain meds after surgery cause serious constipation!

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon