Only 3 Months out of BA, Surgeon Recommends Revision to Subpectoral Placement. Agree? (photo)

Hello, I am 31 years old, breast fed children for 2.5 years. I had a subgland. BA, Natrelle Inspira MP 365cc in May/13. They are sitting quite low, and I have an indentation just above my breast. My PS is recommending I have a revision to place them under the muscle. She is concerned that I may have some tissue at the bottom, hang off of the implant after the revision. How long should I wait to have the revision? She doesn't think that I need a lift yet. Do you agree with her? Thank you kindly.

Revision to Subpectoral Placement after Sub glandular Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you will likely benefit from breast augmentation revisionary surgery with conversion to a sub muscular plane. However, without breast lifting, it is very likely that you will be displeased with the outcome of the procedure. You will likely be left with loose skin along the lower poles of the breasts postoperatively.

Please make sure that your chosen plastic surgeon has a significant and demonstrable experience with revisionary breast surgery. You may find attached link helpful to you as you learn more.

Revision surgery for breast augmentation

+1

Yes, you have the unfortunate botttom heavy look that often happens when laxity of the tisssue is present and a subglandular augmentation is performed. This is why submuscular augmentation is a good idea! You also will need a lift 100%. You may best be served with another few consultations. Good Luck! Would like to view your pre surgery pictures if you have them. Thanks!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Remove and replace

+1

Based on the pictures you posted I would agree that submuscular implants would be a better choice for you but you will need a lift.  Your breast tissue has to be lifted so that it is sitting on top of the muscle so it looks natural and pretty.

Kari L. Colen, MD