Moderate Plus or Full Profile for Better Upper Pole Fullness? (photo)

stats are 5'4", 118lbs, muscular figure competitor, bwd 11.8. Surgery sched for Nov 2. My PS isn't really giving me any absolutes, and I'm not sure if that's generally how they do it. I've given him my surgery goals - fill out my stretch marks, upper pole fullness and to look somewhat natural - but he doesn't tell me what implant he recommends. He gave me two implants:335cc full profile bwd 12.0, and 365cc mod profile bwd 13.0. Is 13 too wide? Which will fill out my stretch marks better?

Maximize upper pole fullness with a simultaneous Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  You will need different size implants because you are asymmetrical.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile is irrelevant because the muscle compresses it.  Simultaneous lift reshaping is more important than implant type.    

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Higher profile implants have smaller diameter so are not as good providing volume in the upper pole of the breast.

+1

As volume increases the diameter increases higher profile implants is less than the lower profile implants. Since the bottom of the implant breasts against infra mammary fold, lower profile implant will deliver more volume to the upper pole.

Implant size and base width

+1

Hard to tell from your description and measurements but if the base diameter is 11.8 then I would not use an implant with a 13 cm base.  Theis implant will hang off of sides of the chest and may not be what you desire.  If you are looking to increase size use a high profile implant.  

Best implant for me?

+1

It is impossible to tell you what is best for you without a formal exam.  If you are undecided as to which implant. Then try a baggy test.

Upper pole profile in augmentation

+1

The profile of the implant can determine the upper profile and slope as well as the projection. If you have given your surgeon your goals he should have the experience to decide what implant is correct for you. If you really have to choose, you might start by choosing a second opinion.

Moderate Plus or Full Profile for Better Upper Pole Fullness?

+1

You should go above muscle with silicone gel implants and either moderate profile plus or high profile implants. Either implant will achieve your stated goals.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants sizing and prof

+1

Thank you for your question and posting an appropriate picture. You have identified your breast width diameter to be 11.8 cm. Additionally, you have identified a full profile implant with the dimensions closest to match your breast width. This Implant will give you better about upper pole fullness as well. I find patients like yourself can benefit from the Vectra 3-D breast imaging and simulation to look at the different size and profile implants and it's effect on your particular breast shape. Another major consideration for your particular situation is placement of implants in the subfascial plane based on your description of muscular  figure competition. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS