Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane Under the Eyes? (photo)

I am 35 years old and have suffered from under eye circles for many years (10-15 yrs). My under eye skin is getting thinner and lots of blue and reddish veins show through the almost transparent area. The area has also become very hollow which makes concealing very difficult. I am wondering if I am a good candidate for under eye Restylane due to the extreme thinning of skin and veins? Wondering how much Restylane would be recommended for each eye? Any recommended Doctors in London, Ontario?

Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane Under the Eyes?

+1

Restylane to the tear troughs is probably as good a treatment option as is available.  I would start with one syringe divided between both areas.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Pseudoherniation of fat lower eye

+1

You provide very nice pictures that are very telling and based on those you have psudoherniation of fat in the lower eye and also loss of volume in the upper cheek and tear troughs which can be augmented with restulane or autologous fat transplantation by an experienced injector.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Restylane for under eye circles

+1

From your photos, you would be a good candidate for Restylane under your eyes.  There is typically some bruising and swelling for several days after your treatment, so plan your appointment accordingly.  There are some medications that your provider may want you to stop before your treatment to help minimize bruising.  I would encourage you to talk to your provider about this before your treatment.  On another note, try to get plenty of sleep each night.  Lack of sleep tends to make these circles more prominent as well.  Best of luck to you.

Rogers Dermatologist

Restylane works for under eye circles

+1

Based on the photos provided, you appear to be a good candidate. I agree with the prior physician that it is important to have this done by a physician with experience in this treatment. I do not recommend having this done in a medi-spa. 

And, be prepared when you schedule that you may have bruising for up to 2 weeks 

Torrance Dermatologist

Restylane and under-eye treatment

+1

From the photo's you've provided, you are a great candidate for treatment. Without seeing you in person, it's difficult to determine how much product you'd need or what will be best for those areas. Be sure to visit a reputable and well-trained injector for best results.

Restylane under eyes

+1

Based on your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for Restylane injections under your eyes. Most patients with fair skin and a lot of hollowing have a fair amount of bruising afterward, so plan ahead and take time off of work if needed. Good luck!

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is an excellent choice

+1

Your photos indicate that you are a good candidate for this procedure. I would also add great skin care regimen to work on the elasticity and the thickness of the eyelid skin or start with a fractional laser to stimulate collagen production and give you some tightening and eliminate the dark circles. Best of luck! 

Danville Dermatologist

You are a marginal candidate for under eye restylane.

+1

Here is the issue:  For you, treatment will be fussy.  You have very thin lower eyelid skin.  Can you be filled beautifully?  The answer is absolutely yes but you need a highly experienced under eye injector who is not afraid to work with hyaluronidase enzyme in case you need an adjustment.  It is not unusually to need to perform one or two adjustments to get a result that looks serene and calm.

Restylane under the eyes

+1

From your pictures I believe you would do great with Restylane injections under the eyes. I see a lot of patients with similar volume loss changes under the eyes who do not neccessarily want surgery. Fillers offer a quick instant change that most patients are really happy with. Restylane lasts up to a year so you will need to keep up with it to maintain the results. I think you would be a great candidate.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Under the Eyes?

+1

In some circumstances, Restylane injected under the eyes is beneficial.  Unfortunately, this procedure carries a relatively high incidence of the Tyndall effect, whereby the infraorbital area carries a bluish hue.  Some may state that this is injector dependent, but I have seen many examples in patients who have had the procedure done by very experienced Doctors.  The real aesthetic problem in the series of photos is orbital fat pseudoherniation and insufficient volume in the upper cheek region.  I would be more inclined to suggest a transconjunctival lower lid Blepharoplasty and incremental cheek volume addition with Sculptra or fat.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/facialcosmeticplasticsurgery.html#blepharoplasty

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon