Looking for some Info. TT and BA? (photo)

Hello, I am a 23 yr old female. I'm 5'9 and currently weigh 216 lbs. I've lost 60 lbs and am desperately wanting a tummy tuck + BA. My highest weight was 275 lbs. My goal weight being 170-180 Lbs. My stomach makes working out difficult. I'm curious to know if I am a good candidate for these procedures? It is extremely difficult to lose weight on my abdomen and am curious to know if I can expect good results? As well as if I would be able to do both procedures at one time. Thanks for reading!!

Looking for some Info. TT and BA?

+1

Tummy tuck seems reasonable.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

TT & BA Surgery

+1

By looking at your photos, it would appear that a tummy tuck procedure would be beneficial for you and you could certainly expect a good result, however, I could not comment on the breasts, as it is difficult to tell. It would be recommended that you achieve your goal weight, if that is your intent, before having a tummy tuck. Whether you are a good candidate could only be established once you are assessed in person by a PS with an examination and medical history. Both procedures can most certainly be done at the same time.

All the best.

Alexander Golger, MD

Your candidacy for a specific procedure could only be understood after a physical exam...

+1

Hi there-

Please understand that without examining you in person, it is not really possible (or responsible or ethical) to say with any confidence which procedure would be necessary to achieve your goals...

Having said that, I do think that, once your weight loss is complete, you will be an excellent candidate for improvement in your appearance through carefully planned and executed plastic surgery procedures. Whether or not your procedures can be performed at the same time will depend a great deal on the details of the procedures necessary to achieve your goals, how long the operation will take, and who you choose to do them for you.

Remember that your safety and happiness will depend on how you prioritize these decisions- make sure you always place your safety and happiness above all else.

Good luck- and good for you!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover, Tummy Tuck, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Although I am unable to make any definitive recommendations about your breast looking at your photo , it is quite common to perform a tummy tuck and a breast lift or breast augmentation and lift on the same setting.

I would recommend that you reach your ideal , stable weight prior to your surgery however sometimes massive weight loss patients get to a point that it is very difficult to lose any additional weight and therefore may need at least a Tummytuck which would give them additional mental boost to go to the gym and lose those residual extra pounds!

A customized treatment plan can be made specifically for you following a physical exam and evaluation.

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Breast Augmentation and Tummy tuck

+1

Great news - you are a great candidate for abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and it is very common to do both of these procedures together. I can't tell if you would need a breast lift as well, but if your nipple is low on your breast, you may want to add this in. Congrats on loosing the weight and good luck with your surgery!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and Breast augmentation

+1

It is very common to do these two procedures together. You do have the right idea of loosing weight prior to the procedure as the best tummy tucks are always with those patients that have lost as much weight as possible. We charge 5500$ for the tummy tuck and 3000$ for breast implants. When they are performed together at our facility sometimes the total can be decreased to 8000$ for everything.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on the picture posted you would be a candidate for tummy tuck, you have two options: tummy tuck with liposuction of the abdomen, or flur de lis type of tummy tuck. You need a good examination to determine what will give you the best results. It is always better outcome if you are near your ideal body weight.

Consult a board certified plastic surgeon

Samir Shureih MD FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Looking for some Info. Tummy Tuck and Breast Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss! You should be very proud of your accomplishment; hopefully you can continue on the same road…

Ideally, patients should be as close to possible to their long-term stable weight prior to undergoing body contouring surgery. As you may know, being close to your long-term stable weight will help minimize complications and improve outcomes; the potential need for additional surgery ( in the event of additional weight loss) is decreased.

Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, patients are not able to achieve a long-term stable weight; in some of these cases, patients are able to undergo body contouring surgery safely.

These types of decisions are best made on an individualized basis after careful history, physical examination, and a full communication goals, risks, complications…

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Keep in mind, that many patients who have experienced significant weight loss, benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery. Again, much will depend on the physical examination…

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Mommy makeover: tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

Congrats on the weight loss! Based on the photo that you provided you look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Many patients who have as much excess skin as it appears you have may get better results with a circumferential body lift, but this is difficult to tell in the photo you provided.

Tummy tucks and an a breast augmentation are routinely performed at the same time safely. Unfortunately you did not provide photos of your breasts, but with your history of weight loss and the looseness of your abdomen, it is likely that your breasts also have extra skin and require a lift (mastopexy) in addition to the implants. The tummy tuck and augmentation mastopexy are routinely performed together as well.

During your consultation with a plastic surgeon, he or she will be able to determine if you would benefit from the circumfrential body lift or need a mastopexy in addition to the tummy tuck and breast implant. Hope this helps and good luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD