I'm 190lbs, 5'9 and 23 years old. Am I finally ready for a tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello, I'm currently around 190 lbs with my highest being 275. I've spent a lot of this year focusing on weight training and although I'm not seeing the pounds drop, I feel like my body has still changed. Do I appear ready for a tummy tuck? would I require an extended tummy tuck? or should I continue to stick it out for longer? I have no idea what my ultimate goal will be but I feel okay with my overall size. Just not ok with my stomach. I'm 23 years old and my height is 5'9.

You're ready!

+2
If you are mentally ready for the surgery, you certainly appear to be physically ready for it.  Congratulations!  At a minimum, and extended tummy tuck would be best.  There is a procedure called a Fleur-de-Lis, but that involves a vertical scar in the middle of your upper abdomen that I would try and avoid.  There may be some room for a little liposuction as well, but certainly not much.  Make sure that your weight loss has stabilized before proceeding but I think that you should have a great result!  Meet with a couple of surgeons and chose that one that fits you best.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Once your weight loss has leveled off, it’s a good time to think about a tummy tuck.

+1
First of all, congratulations on your significant weight loss. Body contouring surgery is a great way to complement your efforts to get healthy. As for timing, the general rule of thumb is to plan your cosmetic procedure after you’ve reached your target weight and maintained it steadily for several months. Since you say your weight is staying even these days, the timing may be just right for you. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in tummy tucks.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

I'm 190lbs, 5'9 and 23 years old. Am I finally ready for a tummy tuck?

+1
Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!  The best candidate for a tummy tuck should be within 20 lbs. of their ideal weight. This minimizes risks and complications and optimizes the end result. You will benefit greatly from a tummy tuck and will see a dramatic change in your overall appearance.  Seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon with credentials in this procedure and during your consultation your surgeon will advise you of your surgical options.

Frank Lista, MD

Am I ready for a tummy tuck?

+1
Thanks very much for your enquiry. In answer to your question, yes I think you are ready for a tummy tuck procedure.

It does look as if you have done well losing weight although you do have slightly excess skin in your upper and lower abdomen and slightly on your flanks.

Your weight from the photographs looks normal and as long it is stable and you don’t have any significant medical conditions which would contra-indicate possible tummy tuck surgery I think this is the right time for you to consider tummy tuck and reduction in the waist.

Many thanks for including your photographs. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to go ahead with treatment.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

You are definitely ready, a tummy tuck and liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in the buttocks are the ideal procedures to enhance your body shape.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
Great job on weight loss!!! Yes you could benefit from an extended Tummy Tuck operation. Seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions... 

+1
    I think that you will have a dramatic improvement with a tummy tuck.

+1
Congratulations on your achievement.  You definitely can benefit from a tummy tuck.  It would only be possible to recommend the right type of tummy tuck after examining you.  But based on your photos, it seems you will need a "fleur-de-lys" procedure, i.e. and inverted-T tummy tuck.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

You are ready for a tummy tuck

+1
That is impressive weight loss…very difficult to do.  I think that based on your height, weight and photo you are likely ready for a tummy tuck.  It is really only possible to know for sure after a proper examination but from what I see it looks very promising.  These surgeries are really fun for surgeons because they are life altering for patients.  You should get a great improvement.  Things to consider of course are your plans for any further weight loss and kids.  If neither of those are in the cards then for sure its time to at least speak to a plastic surgeon about your goals.  They will best be able to give you your options.
Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon  

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Am I Ready For A Tummy Tuck

+1
Hello and good job on the weight loss.  You are absolutely ready for a tummy tuck.  Removing all that loose skin and tightening your muscles will give you a dramatic result.  It also will motivate you to continue with a healthy lifestyle and lose more weight.  I would consider an extended tummy tuck to remove the loose skin of the flanks but would need more pictures to further discuss that.  Good luck.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon