Belly Button Ok? (photo)

Hi, I was just wondering what you thought of my belly button. I'm thinking I'd like it rounder and more hallow. I'm 7 weeks PO. I've tried to put a marble in it but its just not going to fit. I do have ear plugs though. Should I try this? Will it make my bb more hallow and round? Should I just leave it alone? Ill include a couple pics of bb's I'd like to have. I'd really like to be able to pierce my bb one day but if its going to stay like this then I don't think I'll be able to

Belly Button Ok?

+1

Though still very early in healing phase I believe you are not going to attain a match to the other bb posted in your question. But it is a wait and see issue. Best to discuss with your surgeon in person. 

Belly button

+1

Hi,

You are only 7 weeks out so you cannot tell how this is all going to settle.  It is important to realize that your initial belly button was not like the model's belly buttons before the surgery so it might be unrealistic to expect this. 

Talk to your plastic surgeon and let him/her know of your concerns but this looks pretty good to me for 7 months.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Ok?

+1

I am not sure which side is up on this photo. At any rate, the scar is red, and probably at its maximum redness and thickness at (6-8 weeks). I would not recommend putting in a marble without your surgeon's consent--I have had to take a few out surgically.These are sometimes used when the navel is narrowing due to scar contracture.

I see no reason why a piercing couldn't be done even if nothing changes. However, this will improve over the next couple of months. 

Thanks, and best wishes.