Tummy Tuck Scar? (photo)

I'm so scared at my scar! Please help will this get better!!!

Tummy Tuck Scar at 2 Weeks Postop

+1

A tummy tuck scar can tolerate a great deal of variability in closure and the pleating does tend to resolve as well as the irregularity. 

Early Scar

+1

Your pictures show an early or immature scar which can be quite noticeable. These early scars tend to be a bit thicker, raised and red in color. As the scar matures over the next 12 months you should see significant improvements. If after that time there are any areas that are suboptimal, a scar revision could be performed

Scar

+1

This scar appears to be a few days old. Allow for a significant passage of time like 6 months or longer before reevaluating yor scar. 

Scar question after tummy tuck

+1

It is a bit early to determine how the final scars will look. Most scars mature over a period of 8 to 12 months. If at that time you are unhappy I am sure your doctor will work with you on a scar revision. Good Luck.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Early scar healing

+1

It looks like your scars are still very early in their healing period.  Give it time and you'll see a significant improvement in the rippling of the scars.  It's way too early to even talk about scar revision as these scars may not need any.

Scar after Tummy Tuck

+1

I can see why you are scared. Your tummy tuck scar certainly doesn't look good....but it will get better. You need to give it about a year. A revision of the scar is always an option if it is still a problem after about a year.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/tummy-tuck/

Scars Will Improve With TIme

+1

Thank you for your photos.  Rest assured that your scars will improve significantly.  Tummy Tuck Closures by necessity are bunched up as you redistribute the skin after removal.  They will flatten out nicely with time.  Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.  If it does not do very well by 18 months, a small revision under local anesthesia in the office is a simple matter.  Best wishes!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Scar concern after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Try not to get too worried about your scar at two weeks postop.  Your scar will undergo many changes in appearance as it heals.  The pleating on the end helps to keep the scar from being too long.  The skin will retract and smooth in most cases over a few months.  If you still have a skin pooch or "dog ear" at the end of your incision after several months, your surgeon can remove this in the office with local anesthesia.  This happens occasionally and is not a big deal.  Be patient, your scar will look much different in 8-12 months.  After a few weeks, discuss the use of scar adjuncts such as silicone sheeting with your board certified plastic surgeon. This will help maximize the aesthetic appearance of your scar. Good luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Time to relax and follow instructions to get your best result following an abdominoplasty

+1

Time to relax and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  There is nothing unusual about your early result.  It is not uncommon have pleating of the skin laterally, if you were made of cloth this would never change but skin has an elastic quality and will certainly stretch and reform over time.  Follow your plastic surgeon's instructions for wound care.  You are only in the very early stages of healing and your scars will certainly improve over time.  

Early tummy tuck scar appearance generally improves with time

+1

Its pretty common to see some pleats, folds and wrinkling along a new tummy tuck wound closure. I tend to keep these incisions covered with surgical tape for 4 weeks, so most of my patients don't even notice these issues. Time and tension on the closure will help to flatten out these issues.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/PhotoGallery_TummyTuckAbdominoplasty_224311.aspx