Please Any Advice on This Full TT/ with MR So Much Loose Skin? (photo)

I had my surgery nov 20 2012 full TT with muscle repair and I'm just finding my self so upset sad depressed with what's looking like most likely some what of results I know it's still early to see full results until one yr! But I feel this loose skin I can grab is here to stay! Please any advice of what I can do to fix this??? My weight going in was 115 and I'm 5ft 1.... I had 6 kids all 9 pound babies... And I worked hard lost all the weight but the skin was not leaving without help!

Loose skin 8 weeks after tummy tuck

+2

8 weeks is definitely too early to judge the final results of your tummy tuck.  That being said, if you feel that you still have loose skin 6 months after your tummy tuck, I would discuss it with your surgeon and see if it could be revised to get you the look you want.

Loose skin after TT

+1

I would definitely wait between 6 and 12 months before making any judgement about the tightness of the abdomen and the surrounding skin.  Clearly you have had a great deal of loose skin after having six children.  Continue to let your Plastic Surgeon know how you feel about your results after the surgery, but there may still be an excellent chance that the skin will tighten.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  Tampa

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Too much loose skin after tummy tuck

+1

Loose skin after tummy tuck can have much to do with the natural skin elasticity. If your tummy contour is good, and skin is smooth when you are standing upright there may not be any more 'tightening' to be had. If skin is lax or drooping when standing a revision can help. Pinching skin when you are bending forward does not count.

Loose Skin?

+1

The photo is so dark that it is hard to make out much in the way of detail. And without a post op picture, it is really not possible to comment, other than to say "Patience."

Please consider posting a post op photo, and then it will be possible to make a useful comment.

Thanks, all the best.