I'm 5 Months Post Op Full Tummy Tuck and Muscle Repair. Will I Benefit with Having Another TT/MR? (photo)

Had full TT/MR 5 months post op at around 5 Wks this is what my appearance was and still is... Will i benefit from getting another full tummy tuck with muscle repair? Would I be a better candidate for the no drain TT??

I'm 5 Months Post Op Full Tummy Tuck and Muscle Repair. Will I Benefit with Having Another TT/MR?

+1

More skin can probably be removed from the tummy tuck, but a full tummy tuck would not be performed again due to insufficient skin.  You may want to wait a few more months before considering a revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

As seen from your posted photo it appears as a very conservative skin resection tummy tuck. But ONLY in person evaluations can allow us to respond if a secondary TT is indicated. 

Revising My Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear Momto6,  At five months it is too early to proceed with a revision of your tummy tuck.  The healing process takes many months and any early revisions can disturb the normal recovery.  It does appear that you may benefit from another tightening of the tissues but to truly confirm this, you need a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can determine how much laxiety is still present and what the expected results would be with a revision.  Please make sure your plastic surgeon is board-certified.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Second time tummy tuck

+1

Revising a tummy tuck should wait until you have healed further. Your scar is unfortunately pigmented and hypertrohic and might be improved by a later revision with less tension. A full tummy tuck a second time is probably not in the offering as few have the laxity in the upper abdomen to need such a repair.

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

Revising a Tummy Tuck soon after the first is usually not recommended.  Have you discussed with your surgeon?  What was his/her recommendation?

When doing Tummy Tuck in San Antonio I usually try to remove all the skin from above the belly button to the pubis.  Usually we pull things very tight at the time of surgery and then the tissue may relax will time.  When we can get out all that skin, it is rare to need a re-op.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon