I Had Breast Augmentation Feb 26in Pain Ever Since? (photo)

Had pain right after, told my ps repeatedly.. Went to er was turned away went back to ps again he said it was nothing but explaining I had fever hot flashes, redness, swelling indicated to me infection I had to endure 2 Wks of pain until I went back in to er and demanded to see ps do when ps not mine came in I was rushed to surgery! I had blood clot built up of blood and bad infection with hard scar tissue all over the ps removed implant cleaned and replaced had iv of meds now at home more pain?

An infected breast implant - needs to be removed.

+1

It appears that you had two complications from your breast augmentation including a hematoma and then an infection.  If the implant is infected then it must be removed.  This is an unfortunate complication but does occur.  You will need for the breast to heal before you can have the implant replaced.  Usually it takes 4 - 6 months before this is possible.  You should be seen by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible as this condition will only get worse with time.  If an implant is infected and removed before you develop a large abscess then there is usually less trauma to the breast tissue and less distortion of the breast once the secondary augmentation is performed.  

Implant infection

+1

If you had a true infection, then most surgeons would remove the implant and let it heal  for several months before putting one back in.

Continued breast pain after hematoma and infection

+1

Breast infections often are difficult to clear with an implant in place and many would have elected to leave the implant out after the bleeding or hematoma to let the issue clear. Your pain is a bad sign and you should have your surgeon see you to sort things out quickly.

Breast implant infection

+1

From your story, if you had a bonified breast implant infection, most surgeons would have taken the implant out and left it out.  If you had the pocket washed out and an implant replaced and are still having problems, it sounds like the implant needs to come out.  Please call your doctor today and insist on being seen.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Pain Ever Since

+1

There are a couple of things to consider here.  The first is whether or not there was an infection.  If you had an infection, then an implant should not have been returned to an infected pocket.  I suspect you had a hematoma causing the pain that was evacuated.  Hopefully you are feeling better at this point.  If you are not, you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A bad experience with a conventional breast augmentation might want the second opinion.

+1

Infection is very uncommon with breast augmentation but can occur even the hands of the best surgeons. However, if there was some miscommunication with your plastic surgeon and if there has been loss of confidence, it might be a good idea to get another opinion.

I Had Breast Augmentation Feb 26in Pain Ever Since?

+1

Sorry to read about the clinical problem you have had and about how it was managed. 

If you have new swelling after the surgery you have had with what sounds like a documented infection, I agree that the implant should be removed. I certainly understand your reluctance to deal with the plastic surgeon that seemed to ignore your complaints.

I suggest trying to contact the second surgeon with your request again. If he won't see you, see if your primary physician can recommend someone who will see you. Do this ASAP so that you avoid having to deal with the issue in the emergency room again, where you will not have many options.

All the best.