Would It Be Beneficial when Having Revision for TT/ Breast....to Have Vertical Incision? (photo)

Had full TT/MR in nov 2012 ps and myself had discussed after 2 months post op I would need revision too much loose skin remaining.... also had complications with BA... Done in feb 26,2013... I needed emergency surgery (. Different ps) performed that in the ER one wk post op! Also would lipo to tummy give me better results? ... I have chosen a different PS after yr of not getting anywhere with my old ps. Also of fear to what could happen this time, since both my procedures failed my confidence

Would It Be Beneficial when Having Revision for TT/ Breast....to Have Vertical Incision?

+1

This is difficult to answer without examining you.  The truth is that you will be made tighter with a vertical scar, but you will have to decide if the tightening is worth the scar addition.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Sorry to read of the problems you have had and the choices you face now. An in person exam would really be best to make a recommendation, but pictures is all we have.

For the abdomen, I suspect that a vertical incisions will be the best to remove the horizontal excess that is most noticeable in photo #2. 

I can't see enough of the breasts to comment on what is needed. At the least will be correction of the bottoming out with either internal capsule repair, or use of Strattice, an acellular dermal matrix to supplement the repair. 

Revisional surgery might be indicated in this case.

+1

An extended abdominoplasty with a vertical component is seldom indicated in usually in patients that have had massive weight loss. It looks like that might be the case here but the history is not given. Nevertheless, I think you can get a better result relative to the loose skin.