Eyelid Surgery Cost for Just One Droopy Lid?

I was born this way. I was wondering if eyelid surgery would be cheaper, since I only want my left eyelid fixed? What kind of anesthesia would I need?

Ptosis or Drooping eyelids

+1

If you have had the problem for many years this may be something that is congenital. Drooping of the eyelids are treated with either a procedure that is done under the eyelid or an incision on the outer eyelid as there are two muscles that lift the eyelid.

Often insurance with cover these procedures.

Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis repair in the office with local anesthesia about $1k

+1

There are a few different things that cause eyelid droopiness (ptosis) and basically 3 ways to fix it. About 90% of my patients can have the eyelid droopiness repaired by tightening the muscle through an incision on the underside of the eyelid (hence no visible scars).

Without insurance, the cost to do one eye is usually about $1000. (It will depend on what is found when I examine you in the office and do some tests on your eyelid).

The surgery is done in the office operating room with local anesthesia (lidocaine injections to numb up the eyelid) plus oral sedation (pills to make you sleepy and relaxed). You will need someone to drive you home after surgery as the relaxing medications will make it unsafe for you to drive right awa. The stitches come out in a week.

Sometimes after fixing one eyelid, the other one will drop after surgery, so on occasion (about 15% of the time), we'll have to go back to surgery and raise the other eyelid.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon