One Breast Lower After Breast Lift

I had breast lift 6 weeks ago, and I noticed that one breast is still lower even after swelling has subsided. My doctor made a but on one breast but not the other. Is it possible he did not lift my other breast? Would I need another surgery?

Assymetry post-brest lift surgery

+1

I suggest consulting with your plastic surgeon if you have any questions of concerns. Based on the information you provided, it is difficult to determine whether you need another surgery to revise the work done. However, during this point in time of your healing process, it is very normal for you to notice some assymetry of the breasts. Although it is one area, it is still considered to be 2 seperate surgeries, meaning that one will settle and heal faster than the other. Make sure to massage the breasts to help them settle and to prevent encapsulation. Final results may be seen at about 4-6 months. I would wait until then before you decide to proceed with revisionary surgery.

Uneven breast position after breast lift

+1

After a breast lift surgery, there is a healing process that every breast must go through. It is normal to expect a small amount of settling after the breast lift surgery. You are still at an early stage in the healing process. Wait at least 5 to 6 months to see the final results of your breast lift. If at that time one breast is significantly lower than the other, you may be a candidate for a small revision surgery where a small amount of lift may be performed to make your breasts more even

Pat Pazmino, MD

Asymmetry after breast lift

+1

There is always going to be some asymmetry between the two breasts, and yes, each breast will relax a bit differently and sometimes at different times.  It is still too early to tell.

Breast lift revision may help.

+1

Hi.

1) You need a very good eye and very good technique for breast lift, and imperfections are common. In Manhattan, a quarter of breast lifts that we do are revisions.

2) The good news is that sometimes things improve with time. So wait 6 months. If you are not happy then, I am sure a revision will improve breast symmetry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Speak with your surgeon!

+1

It's difficult to understand your question. The best solution is to speak with your surgeon. He can tell you exactly what he has done and let you know how long you should wait before seeing a good result. Whenever you're concerned, your closest ally should be your surgeon - he can guide you best. Good luck.

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Some asymmetry after breast lift is not uncommon

+1

I usually tell my patients it takes 3-6 months after a Breast Lift before you can comment on the results. Some asymmetry is not uncommon after this type of surgery especially if your breast were different shapes or sizes prior to the procedure. In 5-10% of patients having a Breast Lift a secondary procedure my be necessary to improve the results either on one or both breasts. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I"m sure they have a good explanation.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to answer without photos

+1

Hi,

It's hard to answer your question without photos and input from your surgeon. Most swelling after breast lift surgery has resolved by 4 weeks. However, the only way to know if you had only one breast lifted, and if so why, is to speak with your surgeon. Only then will you be able to determine if you will require another surgery. Good luck.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS