One Breast Fuller and Larger After Augmentation

I was 32AA after breast augmentation, and I'm about 2 months post-op. I now have 325ccs mentor sillicone implants (smooth round, moderate plus profile). One breast is fuller and larger at the bottom. I can see the incisions as well. The other breast (right) is smaller. What is your opinion about what is going on? My doctor told me to wear the band and it will drop. Is this going to even itself out or should I be concerned?

Wearing the band and "displacement" exercises may help

+3

It is difficult to accurately assess your situation without a photo. It sounds like you have some postoperative asymmetry after breast augmentation. This is not uncommon in petite patients with very little native breast tissue.

The compression band should help the higher (right) implant to descend. Displacement exercises can also help position the implant as the capsule is forming. Push the breast up 20 times and release...push the breast toward the midline 20 times and release. Do these exercises three times a day for up to the first year after surgery.

Try to be patient. The appearance of your breasts will continue to change throughout the first year. MH

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breasts are still uneven after implant augmentation surgery

+1

Without photos (pre and post) it is difficult to tell the cause of your breast implant asymmetry. Most likely it reflects pre-existing asymmetry. I have attached a video of exercises if peformed may help the implants settile sooner. Wiat at least 6 months before turly assessing your breast results.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Implant position influences size perception

+1

If one implant does sit a little higher, lower or more to the side than the other, it can appear to be a different size. You are still early in your recovery and the massage exercises can help. Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon who will follow the progress with you.

Dr Edwards

Time is on your side

+1

I would disagree that your final volume and appearance has occurred. There is still a very good chance that things will even out with time. I see changes up to 10-12 months after surgery.

One helpful question to ask your surgeon is whether the implants that were used are the same volume. If they are, and you were the same size on each side prior to surgery, the only reason for a difference would be swelling and/or implant position.

It sounds like your implant position might be a little off: this can give the illusion of one side being larger than the other because it is easier to see the fullness on top on the side that is higher. With regards to the position, it should still improve, and the strap and massaging are the only things that help while you wait it out.

Be patient. I'm sure your surgeon will follow through with you until you're both satisfied that you have the best result possible.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

I am afraid this is probably your permanent result.

+1

Hi. I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but I don't think much will change after 2 months. The band will not do anything.

Breasts should look great right after surgery. I don't know why you are not symmetrical. You might have a hematoma or a fluid collection in the left breast. I would do a sonogram to rule this out. Perhaps your right breast was always smaller and no one noticed. Perhaps the implant pockets are not symmetrical.

I would wait another 4 months in the hope that there is some improvement. If you are still unhappy then, you will probably need a revision.

You need to trust and see your own doctor.

+1

Over the Internet, with no photos, you need to see your own physician and follow his advice. It takes a full three months for implants to settle. If there is an asymmetry, check your pre op photos and see if you started with a difference between the breasts. Other than that, relax and let time heal all wounds.

I suspect you will always have some sort of asymmetry....

+1

i suspect you will always have some sort of asymmetry. That is because you started out so small without significant native breast tissue (i.e. AA) and the implants will usually be a little bit asymmetric as they sit on the chest wall. You do not have sufficient tissue to camouflage this difference since the vast majority of your breast is comprised of the implants. That is one reason why it is impotant to select an implant that fits your native breast. Even a slight difference in ribs shape can have an impact on the appearance of your implants in your situation.

Without a photo, I must guess. Your description sounds...

+1

Without a photo, I must guess.  Your description sounds like one inplant is hanging up.  The band should help.  You may also want to ask the doctor for massage techniques if he feels that that would benefit you.

You may expect continued improvement for up to a year, so it is too, early to panic.

sek