On-Q Pain Pump Necessary to Push Frequently?

Do you have to push the On-Q pain pump every 10 minutes or so to get the meds? Thank you.

On Q pain pump for surgical pain relief

+2

As far as I am aware the OnQ pain pump does NOT have a self administering bolus. It goes automatically at a constant rate. It also has a round shape which makes it difficult to tell if it is working because it is hard to see a decrease in sizie of the reservoir. I tend to prefer the Accufuser Pump which has a wrist push button bolus feature to self administer additonal medication over and above the constant flow. Furthermore, it is easier to judge that the pump is working because it has a linear scale.