Want a Bbl Done Afraid to Wake in Mid Sx As in the Past. What Causes That to Happen?

when I had my first liposuction done I woke up during sx feeling something pulling at my side so I screamed out " I am up and I can hear you" so they put me back under. The second time is when I had a repeat lipo with the same doc, I woke again. Also when I had a liposuction I told the doc to please put me under because I feel everything, then they put me back under. Why do I awake under anesthesia? I hate it, it is scary to hear and feel what is happening to me, all the reason for being under?

You should not wake up during surgery

+3

When surgery is performed using a board certifed anesthesiologist and a board certified Plastic Surgeon, you should never wake up or be aware of what is going on. I have performed thousands of procedures in my office OR and this has never ever happened and reflects poorly on your previous surgical team unfortunately.

Anesthesia

+2

It sounds like you should have your surgery under general anesthesia. You will not feel any part of the procedure like this

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Talk to your Doctor About anesthetics.

+2

Thank you for your question, There are several options for anesthesia, Here at our office we work with a Board Certified Anesthesiologist that will assist us on the best method of anesthetic for each patient.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The anesthesia was too light

+2

I use an Anesthesiologist to make sure that my patients have a restful sleep and only wake up when we want them to. I take care of the surgery and my anesthesia sees to it that the patient is comfortable and only wakes up at the end of the procedure.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Waking up during surgery

+1

It sounds like your doctor was using twilight sedation as opposed to general anesthesia.  With general anesthesia and appropriate monitoring by a board certified anesthesiologist, this should not happen.

Sacha Obaid, MD

I don't want to wake up in middle of surgery like before. Can this be prevented?

+1

Your prior experiences with anesthesia suggests that you did not have general anesthesia but sedation. We use general anesthesia to make sure you don't wake up until the surgery is completed. I beleive you can be relaxed about this. My concern is that you may not have enough donor fat since you have had 2 prior liposuctions. Obviously, only an examination can determine whether or not you have donor fat. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Sedation and Waking up During Surgery

+1

If sedation is chosen each time, the chances of being aroused are good.  You may want to have the next surgery under general anesthesia to reduce the likelihood of this.  After thousands of cases under general, I have not heard of this complaint, but this is reported in the anesthesia literature.