Could Omnilux LED Therapy Cause or Worsen Sculptra Lumps?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that LED therapy will worsen lumps.

+1

LED (low level light) treatments and Sculptra injections produce new collagen through totally different mechanisms. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that LED therapy will worsen lumps.

Omnilux Revive is for redness and inflammation of skin

+1

Omnilux Revive(red light diode) is to treat red, inflamed skin.  It will do nothing to treat dermal lumps caused by any collagen stimulator.  Dermal lumps can sometimes be injected with steroids, sometimes excised but often are best left alone and let time do the work.  I don't see Sculptra lumps now that we are diluting the product even further (8-10 cc per vial) but will often counsel patients that if they only feel a lump but don't see it, leave it alone.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Omnilux LED will have no effect on any Sculptra lumps

+1

Omnilux LED is used in my office to reduce redness after laser procedures.  It will have no effect on lumps caused by Sculptra.  Sculptra lumps either have to be excised or wait the tincture of time to resolve.  If they are tender or red, steroids might have a role.  Lumps from Sculptra are a lot less common now due to higher dilution used, deeper injections, and avoiding injections around the eyes and lips.  Also massaging by the patient for 5 days helps.

Steven F. Weiner, MD