Which method works better for a person with moderate cellulite on the thighs? Tumescent Liposuction or SmartLipo?

What would the price difference between the two be? Would there be a huge, noticible difference in the results of the two? I'm in my early 20's, 5'2", 115 lbs. I eat healthy, I am active, but I have been genetically blessed with thunder thighs since I was about 13.

Tumescent lipo under local with the small canulas out does laser lipo everytime!

+1
Laser lipos are going to the wayside since they have a lot of problems such as scarring, discolorations and dimpling.  That is why they are the cheapest lipos now. Tumescent lipo with the micro cannulas tend to give by far the best results since you get the fine tuning needed by the doc standing you up and turning in all  positions which you cant get when under gen. anesthesia. Cellulite does usually improve when lipo is done with the smaller micro cannulas. Sincerely,
 David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Cellulite will not be improved, but the thigh volume can be greatly reduced with the right liposuction surgeon.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Smart lipo

+1
The real smart is the surgeon behind the cannula not the machine
the machine is a way to sell you the procedure
there is no real treatment for cellulite
go for the lipo not the machine
the machine is to sell and "close the deal" and part you from your money
find a board certified plastic surgeon who you can trust

Smart lipo or tumescent

+1
Liposuction is not meant to treat cellulite. Your likely to be dissatisfied with the result if that is your goal. Lipo is used to remove excess fat. Which method is better depends more on the surgeon and his skill than on the method used.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1
SmartLipo may leave you with undesireable scarring that isn't smart at all. Whether you opt for tradional or tumescent lipo, the skill and experience of the board certified plastic surgeon you select is the most important choice to obtain a good result.

Howard N. Robinson, MD