There's a "hole" around my areolar incision after Breast Lift, Is this normal? (photo)

Keep in mind that I am quite pale and even the smallest scrapes look red and terrible when I get hurt! That being said, I had a breast lift done exactly 3 weeks ago and now notice this spot around my areolar incision. I had something similar underneath my breast last week which has since cleared up. Does this look alarming or should it heal on its own as the other "hole" did?

Not uncommon

+1
I generally tell all patients to expect some minor wound healing issues at the top and bottom of the vertical incision after a breast with with implants. They generally are extremely small in nature but sometimes can get quite large especially in smokers At this point, I assume your plastic surgeon is actively involved. However, this is likely a situation that would only require a topical antibiotic cream and extra healing time. In the end, it should look very good.

Hole in breast lift incision may be a suture spit

+1
I cannot tell without an in person examination but from your photograph it appears there is a small open area with red dermis beneath but the superficial skin cells missing.  Most commonly this happens when a deep suture has spit and been rejected by your skin.  However it is important that you see her plastic surgeon for an exam.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Healing

+1
This can be very normal.  Based on the photos, it does not look infected, but check with your surgeon to be sure.  Sometimes a stitch is trying to work it's way to the surface.  Sometimes it is just a little skin opening.  It appears small and your surgeon has probably advised you how to care for it.  It is best to keep it clean by showering every day and washing the area, but avoid soaking and swimming for at least 3 weeks after complete closure.  Your surgeon may ask you to place a gauze over the area.  It should heal fine over time.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon