Not sure if I need a breast lift? (photo)

I really don't like the way my breasts look and very Insecure about them. I am at a 34-36triple d. UGh. I hate the way they look. Been looking at breast augmentations but was wondering if I should get a breast lift along with it. I WILL DO ANYTHING so I wont have horrible scars. :( I'm wanting to stay the same size because anything smaller I feel would look horrible on my body! Hopefully my pictures will upload ! I hope to get feedback!!! Thank you !

You certainly need a lift

+1

At size 34-36 DDD, you certainly do not need implants but you need a lift. I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. Breasts are reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed are preserved. The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in pain relief and long term stability.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Not sure if I need a breast lift?

+1

I think that a small implant with a lift will provide you with the best result.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Yes, you need a breast lift, but not implants.

+1

A properly-performed breast lift can leave you with all but 1 ounce of your present breast volume--that one ounce or so per side is the weight of the "extra" loose skin that would need to be removed to lift your breasts to a more youthful perky position. Thus, you would have essentially the same volume in a higher, tighter skin brassiere. But, yes, you would need scars. That is why it is critical to choose an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon with lots of breast surgery experience, one whose incisional designs you agree with, and whose technical precision for closure can give you the best scars possible.

Poor or "sloppy" (or too rapid) closures can sometimes yield satisfactory results, but only the best, most precise, fine-suture techniques can yield the BEST scars possible. For an idea of what can be achieved in one of my patients of color, please click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Not sure if I need a breast lift

+1

thank you for submitting your photos Your concerns are very understandable ; however, your photos show that your nipples are pointing downward and I suspect that they are below the fold beneath your breasts . For these two reasons, a breast lift is really the only solution if you wish to have "Perkier" breasts. Simply adding an implant without a lift may not be the best solution.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Breast lift only will improve breast shape and maintain size best.

+1

Thank you for your photos. They clearly show ptosis of your breasts and the only way to correct that is to have a breast lift. Any breast lift will produce incision lines but done correctly they should be very well hidden and the improved shape and contour of your breasts will be an excellent trade off. You clearly mentioned you wanted to remain the same size so therefore you would NOT want an augmentation as that would necessarily make you larger. Many patients, after the breast lift has given them a youthful shape and contour to their breasts and elevated the nipple and areolar back to it's correct position lose their insecurity of their breasts.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Breast lift --patient with large breasts

+1

To get the best result,I would recommend a breast lift together with a small reduction.

Lifting only will leave you with large breasts that will have a tendency to sag again.You dont need implants, the breast tissue can be re positioned to give you fullness

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift is best bet

+1

thanks for you pics and ? Yes you need a lift. No you don't need an implant. Your breast size would increase with the placement of an implant and add weight. With a simple mastopexy (breast lift) your volume and size can be preserved. The resulting scar would be around the areola and then straight down like a lollipop. This would be a very acceptable trade off in my opinion to give you a much better shape. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Not sure if I need a breast lift?

+1

Unfortunately ONLY a breast lifting operation will offer you an improvement. {Plus you need to expect scars...

Breast lift and augment

+1

It would appear from your photos that you would benefit from both a lift and an augment. With a lift only, the breasts are usually made smaller, so to maintain your current size an augment would be required. This also gives the added benefit of increased fullness in the upper pole of the breast, which cannot be obtained from a lift alone. Scars are unavoidable with a lift but the trade-off is usually worth it.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed

+1

You are in need of a breast lift much more than an augmentation. You can have a breast lift alone but you can not have a breast augmentation alone, implants will just make your sagging breasts worse. Only through scars can you hope to have any improvement in your breast shape.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD