What would be the best way to do augmentation? (Photo)

What would be the best way to do my augmentation? What incision? Do I need a lift? Would I benefit from areolar lift/incision or would a regular under the fold incision work? Please help?! Surgery is scheduled for July 15th. I also uploaded a picture of boobs I do not want my breast to look like.

Doubting Breast Augmentation

+2
You should not be in such doubt at this point. You should have had all of these questions answered by your surgeon. An in office exam is the best way to answer the technique questions that you have. I do not know who you are seeing but if you need a second opinion I did my training in Omaha for plastic surgery and can recommend any of a number of excellent surgeons for you. You can message me if you are interested, but I do not like for my patients to have the kind of doubt you are exhibiting so close to surgery. Get your concerns taken care of.

Breast augmentation

+1
You have small breasts with a mild degree of breast sagging.  With your goal breast size in mind you should be able to get a similar result.  I would suggest an inframammary crease incision and possibly a dual plane dissection.  This will help you get a little nipple elevation.  You may expect to get a small degree of areolar widening after the augmentation.  

Breast Augmentation

+1
Hi NewBoobs,
I would do an internal lift called a dual plane, (see link below) through an incision in the breast fold, so you wouldn't have an incision on your breast and would still obtain a lift our of the surgery.  However, you need to be 100% sure of what you want before having surgery.  You may want to give this more thought.
Be sure to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Also, ask if they have an established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several hundred breast augmentations each year. Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their website. If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast implant patients for you to view. I would also recommend that your doctor offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss their experience with you. You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center. Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals, which they can provide you.  All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Close to Surgery

+1
With your surgery in just a few days, your surgeon should have discussed and answered these questions for you already. It may be best to push the date back, you shouldn't go into this not knowing what you may come out with. If you haven't had an appointment since asking this question then I recommend scheduling one before you have surgery even if it means changing the surgery date. You may not want to push the surgery back but it's much better to do that than it would be to come out of surgery with results that you didn't want.

Craig W. Colville, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Questions about augmentation

+1
Thank you for the pictures. I think a fold incision would be reasonable. Don't think you need a lift. And I think that you can achieve a result close to your wish pictures. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Unsure about breast augmentation 1 week before surgery

+1
First I agree with others that you should not be this uncertain this close to surgery.  I strongly suggest that you cancel or delay her surgery until you have had a chance to have all of your questions properly answer by your plastic surgeon.

That said based on your photographs you will need a breast lift with a vertical component (Lollipop lift) and breast augmentation and the sub-muscular location for the best result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Unsure before breast augmentation

+1
With surgery a week away, you shouldn't be in such doubt at this point to be going to the internet asking questions from doctors who have not had a chance to meet in person and examine you. Your photos only reflect a prep starting point like the one in the patient whose result you don't like! The others that you do like are not like you. So, I would suggest that you carefully revisit this with your doctor to finalize a plan and for them to be sure about your goals.

If it were me, I would suggest an inframammary crease incision, smooth round gel implants under the muscle using a moderate profile style with a width to match your width and finish with a periareolar lift. I like the 2 incision approach now because of the decreased risk of capsular contracture than when it is all done through the areola.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Dual plane

+1
I agree the dual plane best option. You do not look like the pre op pics of the girls you show so unlikely you look like them post op. You should have let us know what implant size you are considering. The post op pics you have chose have very different implant sizes. I would guess 375 to 425cc is range you would desire. Good Luck and please update us!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

What would be the best way to do augmentation?

+1
If you are so unsure about your surgery than either see the surgeon again to fully understand your options or cancel the surgery until you do.. What I might recommend can only be after an IN PERSON visit, over the internet we are purely guessing... 

Sub muscular Breast augmentation

+1
You would likely need a sub muscular augmentation with partial sub glandular in the lower 1/2 of the breast.  This is also known as a dual plane breast augmentation.  This procedure will help fill out the bottom of the breast and make a lift unnecessary.  Also the muscle coverage in the upper 1/2 of the breast will give you a more natural look.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon