Am I a good candidate for Lipo? How much Can I expect to spend? Will it make cellulite worse? (Photo)

I am 5'2", 115 pounds. I would like to have my thighs and hips done. I have heard lipo makes cellulite worse, and that it can ruin the definition between the butt and thigh. I eat about 1500 calories a day, avoid all fast food, and am fairly active. Even with strict dieting and running at least 2 miles a day, my hips and thighs were still the same.

Liposuction of hips and thighs

+1
  • Liposuction will change your proportions,
  • A very little will make a big difference because you are small and trim,
  • You need a consultation face-to-face with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to identify each area that bothers you 
  • The machines used, I believe, are less important than a careful liposuction with small cannulas with attention to detail.
  • Cellulite can increase after liposuction but it is very uncommon when small amounts are removed.

Liposuction

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

Based on the pictures, I do believe that you would make a good candidate for liposuction in the abdomen, waist, lower back, inner and outer thighs with fat grafting in to buttocks. The estimate can be between 4800- 5800.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Lipo? How much Can I expect to spend? Will it make cellulite worse

+1
Yes & No. You could have superficial liposulpture or Laser Lipo (i.e. SmartLipo Triplex) for superficial removal of fat. This needs to be done by a "true" expert in liposuction. As for the cellulite, though the type does not show in your posted photos, there is a possibility that it could become more obvious following liposuction. I recommend a topical solution that could help prevent this issue, Revolution MD Cellulite System available in some doctors offices. Good luck. 

Am I a good candidate for Lipo? How much Can I expect to spend? Will it make cellulite worse?

+1
As a bodybuilder, I have a lot of patients who come to me to liposuction in a very precise fashion. The goal of liposuction is to remove fat in those areas which accumulate despite diet and exercise, thus recalibrating the fat stores in a more favorable fashion.   I think you will have a very satisfying result with liposuction and the cellulite will not be worsened.

Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Candidate for Lipo?

+1
Hey Kelly

You look great!  Your efforts at a healthy lifestyle are paying off, even though you are frustrated.

I think you would be an excellent candidate for lipo or Lipotherme (laser lipo).  Although I find that Lipotherme does tend to improve cellulite in some cases, it must be stressed that lipo is NOT a treatment for cellulite. 

You are in such good shape that your lipo must be done with a light touch, so be sure to go with a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  An experienced surgeon will be able to avoid the butt thigh problem that you mentioned.

best.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Liposuction Candidate? Yes!

+1
  Dear KellyW456,  Thank you for the photos, they are helpful, but a thorough exam is still needed. I think you are a very good candidate for liposuction/sculpture of the hips and thighs. You should have no major issues with worsening of your cellulite (it is very minor to start with) and if the sculpting is done carefully, your definition between your butt and thigh should remain intact. You are in good shape and your recovery should be straight forward. Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in liposuction.
Good luck. #Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Good liposuction candidate.

+1
You are a great liposuction candidate for 360 degree thighs and hip area also.   You need to seek out a surgeon that has much experience in liposuction and is certified by the ABPS.   You will not get cellulite if all is properly done.   Costs vary from area to area.  Get a few consultation and you can determine the costs.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for lipo

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You appear to be a great candidate for a liposuction procedure. You are correct, if done improperly or in the wrong area, it is possible to lose the definition between your buttock and thigh. So you must go to a plastic surgeon skilled in liposuction. As for cost, there's really no way to answer that as it completely depends on geographic location and surgeon experience. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Hips and thighs do great with tumescent liposuction under local.

+1
You appear to be a great candidate for liposuction done by tumescent technique with the smaller micro cannulas under local anesthesia where the doc can stand you up and turn you in all sorts of positions to fine tune the results. Cellulite often improves with this method and you tend to get the very best results for roughly $6000 -6500 on special. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon