Best Treatment to Diminish Older Stretch Marks?

What's the best treatment to diminish the appearance of older stretch marks? My daughter will be four in July. When I was in my sixth month of pregnancy, I developed stretch marks on almost every part of my body. I got them on back of my legs, under my arms, tummy, back, etc. I do have darker skin--I don't know if that's a problem or not, but would really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Stretch marks, no easy, effective therapy available yet

+1

Unfortunately, there is truly no topical cream that has clinically been proven to diminish stretch marks (known as striae) despite all the marketing claims. It may be helpful to start an extended trial of prescription-strength topical retinoid to help with skin textural remodeling and stimulation of collagen production. Pulse dye laser can be helpful to reduce redness of a fresh stretch marks. The efficacy of fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for strech marks is unknown and further research is warranted.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon