Red Blotchy Uneven Complexion? (photo)

I have used redness correcting creams for my face and nothing has changed my complexion including department store facial washes like Perricone MD sensitive skin. I continue to have redness and blotch on my face. I cannot do a chemical peel because I have psoriasis. Although none of the psoriasis is on my face and the psoriasis is not causing my complexion to be this way. What else can I do?

Doctor Answers (2)


It appears as though you may have Rosacea. Rosacea can be treated with various topical and oral medications. Although chemical peels may not be suitable for your condition a series of laser treatments may be helpful instead to reduce your "blotchiness".

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Red blotchy uneven complexion


It sounds like you have rosacea, as well as generally sensitive, atopic skin. I would recommend you see a dermatologist, as yes, department store washes and such aren't medical-grade and won't help with your issues. A dermatologist can assess you in person and recommend an appropriate regimen for your specific concerns.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.5 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.