Hi I'm Almost Six Months and my Right Breast Has Dropped 2inches Past my Incision. Am I Coming out of the Pocket? (photo)

Post op

+2

I do not think you are coming out of your pocket. Your left pocket is lower.Is this a pre existing asymmetry?? The correction will need surgery

Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation

+2

Hello.

Thank you for sharing you photo.

It seems that you need a capsulorrhaphy (internal suturing the capsule) hence preventing the dropping of the left breast (or right one if your photo is a reflection off of a mirror).

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Left Breast Implant is Lower

+2

Your left implant is lower causing the breasts to appear uneven. Rest assured this condition can bee corrected. There are a few ways aimed at tightening the fold under the left breast. One way is to make a new pocket. Another way is to tighten the pocket with stitches. Sometimes if your tissues are weak, a sheet of material can be used to reinforce the fold.

Michael Horn, MD

Left Breast Implant Asymmetry

+2

You have developed implant asymmetry due to the left implant settling down lower than the right. This is not that the implant has come out of its pocket but that the pocket and implant has settled lower than the other side. This can often take months after breast augmentation surgery to fully appreciate the final implant positions. For improvement this is going to require raising the implant and its pocket on the lower side.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant malposition after breaast augmentation

+2

Thanks for sharing your photo. It appears that your left breast is significantly lower than your right breast. The left breast is positioned below your natural lower breast fold (inframammary fold). This most likely requires surgical correction to reposition your left implant to match your right side better. There are several ways to correct this. The best course of action is to discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon. If you are uncomfortable with the treatment plan then seek second opinion.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Bottommed out implant

+2

Your left breast has bottommed out - meaning the implant has descended past the fold. The fold needs to be repaired. There are a number of ways to do this including casulorraphy in which the capsule that has formed is tightened or creation of a new pocket - such as creation of a neopectoral pocket - meaning new pocket under the muscle. These techniques may also be enhanced with an acellular dermal matrix such as Strattice. This is especially useful if the tissues are weak.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You may need the pocket repaired

+2

Hello

Thank you for the question and the photo.  You will likely need something called a capsulorrhaphy.  Which is repair of a breast implant pocket.   This will involve suturing the pocket that is opened up too much And can be done under local or IV anesthesia.  In the meantime you may want to wear a underwire bra religiously to prevent the pocket from opening up further.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant dropping

+2

Thanks for your picture.  Based on what I can see in the picture, it does appear that your left implant has dropped below your inframammary crease and you may be "bottoming out".  I would try to return to your surgeon for an evaluation.  You may need a surgical procedure to reposition the implant properly.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Implant malpositioned?

+2

See your surgeon to best identify the problem. The one photo you provide looks like the left is noticeably lower than the right. Your surgeon may suggest fixing it by raising the fold (or lowering the other side). There are other options such as placing larger implants and changing the pockets if you wanted to be larger as well. Talk to your surgeon.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Implant Bottoming Out

+1

To fix right breast implant bottoming out, a capsulorrhaphy can be performed to lift the implant.  I would have to examine you with arms by your side and shoulders relaxed to determine exactly what you would need.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA