Full or mini TT? More weight loss first?

I'm 27 with 3 kids weight 168 height 5'2. I am looking into getting a TT. But would like to know if I need to lose more weight first or if it's mostly skin? Also should I go with a full or mini TT?

Tummy tuck with mesh

+1
If you are not planning future pregnancies I recommend a new technique called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement. This technique uses mesh to increase the mechanical strength of the abdominal wall, results in early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight. As you know, it is very difficult to lose weight and often waiting for the optimal weight is not the practical solution. You are not a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The excess skin and fat and will require a full tummy tuck with mesh reinforcement. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Always best to be at your "ideal" weight prior to a TT. And based upon the posted photos you are ONLY a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck.. Seek IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs in your city/area.

Full or Mini

+1

You appear to need a full tummy tuck with some surrounding liposuction contouring. Some weight loss prior to surgery would help you obtain the best results possible.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

You will get the best result by losing more weight first. Ultimately, however, you will be a candidate for a full tummy tuck and flank lipo.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Your hips are wider like a multypregnant woman that speacks of healthier pregnancy

+1

the incition must be larger not mini not complete, just as described in any book that would be most adecquated decition

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

A full tummy tuck would address the laxity of the abdominal wall and the skin excess much better with your anatomy. You could lose weight before hand if you like.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+1

This is a question I get all the time. First, it is always a good idea to lose as much weight as possible prior to having a tummy tuck. Second, very few people qualify for a mini tummy tuck. The reason is that most patients have laxity of the skin and muscles above the belly button and the only real way to address it is to have a full tummy tuck. Patients who do not have laxity of skin or muscle above the belly button, but do have these symptoms below the belly button may be good candidates for a mini tummy tuck procedure. This usually requires a much smaller incision and does not involve moving the belly button usually.

+1

You will need a full TT to get the results you want. A mini would be a waste of money. As to the weight, if you can lose more weight, do it first, the results will be better, but be realistic. If your current weight is where you tend to be and losing weight is very difficult, you are OK for a TT now.

Tummy tuck

+1

First, if you plan on losing weight do this before surgery. Second, based on the photos you provided, it appears that you are a candidate for a tummy tuck, you would not be a good candidate for a mini-tummy tuck. You appear to have skin excess that would be best treated with full resection with a standard tummy tuck

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+1
Hello It's always good to be at your ideal weight prior to proceeding with a tummy tuck, as this positions you for the best results. However, good improvements could be expected even at your present weight. You appear to have both fat excess and skin laxity contributing to your problems and most likely a degree of muscle laxity, which can only be confirmed with an examination. With all those issues a formal abdominoplasty and not a "mini abdominoplasty" would be required to give you the best results. Best wishes

Web reference: http://www.drbottger.com/abdominoplasty_candidate.html

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon