Do Round Sientra and Mentor Implants Post Op Results Looks Any Different? (photo)

im looking into getting a revision to go bigger but i don't know if i should change my sientra implants to mentor implants to get a more rounder upper pole look i've seen many post op photos and i see women that have mentor implants have a rounder upper pole look than sientra implants do is this true? and what size do you think i should get if i want this look? [goal photo attatched] height 5"3 weight 100-105lbs pre op 34A BWD 13cm ribcage 29" current 355cc's sientra round smooth HP silicone

Sientra vs Mentor

+1

There are predominantly three breast implant manufacturers.  Each has a dimension associated with the number of cc in their breast implants.  I usually sized patient's based on breast width, skin quality and assessing their expectations.  Some surgeons are comfortable with 1 manufacturer because they know how the implant behaves both in the short-term and in the long-term.  I am not sure it makes a difference which implant manufacturer you choose but more important that your surgeon is comfortable with using that type of implant. hope this helps!

Size

+1

Very hard to advise via the internet. But I would use UHP Mentors as a choice in the 450 cc range. But again hard to advise via the net. 

Implant differences

+1

I think in general the implants are similar with minor differences that you probably will not notice after they are inside the pocket.

Mentor versus Sientra Round Implants

+1

Dear Pam91,  The most important part of choosing a breast implant to obtain a particular "look" for a patient is to very carefully examine the patient and determine her unique shape and dimensions.  Based on these measurements and observations, the plastic surgeon then chooses which implant type(saline/silicone/cohesive), implant shape(round/teardrop), and implant projection(low/moderate/high/extra-high) would be best  for achieving that desired outcome.  The least important factor is the manufacture of the particular device since all three implant manufacturers do produce similar products.   The exception would be the Naturelle(Allergan) Style 410 implants which in some of their shapes and sizes are unique.

A second consultation with your plastic surgeon may be helpful especially if you can also bring in photos with the results you desire to achieve.  It is very important however that you realize that because every woman's breasts are different, you may not be able to precisely match the goal image you desire.  This is a great point to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Changing from Sientra to Mentor breast implants

+1

All of the breast implant manufacturers that make round implants available in the US are basically the same with only minor differences from company to company.  I would not expect that there would be any drastic change expected switching from Sientra to Mentor as long as the volumes, base diameters and projection are relatively the same. 

Achieving Rounder Upper Pole Look with Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Having used all 3 manufacturer's implants I have not noticed a clinical difference in the outcome of breast augmentation surgery  depending on manufacturer of breast implant. I think that more important than the specific manufacturer of the breast implant will be factors such as careful selection of breast implant size/profile and appropriately placed ( breast implant pocket adjustment if necessary)  breast implant  pockets on the chest wall.

I would suggest careful communication of your goals with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I would ask that you use goal pictures during this communication process. Show your plastic surgeon what you mean by “rounder upper pole look”.  You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastImplantXL.htm