Since Weight Loss is Tummy Tuck Now a Possibility? (photo)

Hello. I posted about 1.5 years ago. I was weighing 218lbs. Since then I have had my 3rd and last child. I gave birth weight 240lbs and have since gotten my weight down(and maintained for 2 mo) to 196lbs. I know I wont be having anymore children and will prob be losing another 10-15lbs before reaching my goal weight. My question is based on pictures do you think I am ready for a tummy tuck? Below is a before and after picture so you can compare.

Since Weight Loss is Tummy Tuck Now a Possibility?

+1

Dear LML,

Thank you for you post.  Yes, you can have an excellent result from TT.  A good TT will not just take the extra skin off, but really sculpt the area.  Congratulations on your success!

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You don't have to be at your ideal weight to be a candidate for a tummy tuck.

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck (and simultaneous liposuction).  Of course, no surgeon would argue if you lost another 10-15 pounds, but it is not mandatory (and sometimes easier said than done).  My criteria for operating are (1) you have plenty of tissue that can be removed and (2) I can align the abdominal muscles.  Based on your photos, you qualify.  Keep in mind you may lose as much as 10 pounds with the combined operation (tummy tuck and lipo).  Also, patients are frequently more motivated to exercise after surgery because they like how they look in the mirror and are less embarrassed when they exercise.  It improves their self-esteem.  Have a look at some other patients with your body type.  I've attached a link.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss and a Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty.  This involves tightening the abdominal muscles that have been stretched due to your pregnancies and removal of excess skin.  Additionally, liposuction would provide contour to your waist.  Please make sure that your surgeon is Board Certified and ask to see his or her "before" and "after" photos.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Tummy tuck in Los Angeles

+1

A tummy tuck procedure would be an excellent choice in your case to remove excess skin, fat, and stretch marks. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Time for a Tummy Tuck

+1

Looking at your photos, I would suggest you would receive a great result! I recommend losing the 10-15 pounds before your procedure but now is the time to start looking for your board certified plastic surgeon!

Leo Lapuerta, MD

+1

Congratulations on all the accomplishments. As a rule it is ideal to be close to your goal weight. 10-15 pounds will not make much difference, but I would sooner not interrupt your progress!

From the photos, it looks like you should have a nice improvement. This is a good time to begin the consultation process to collect info and specific recommendations. All the best. 

+1

Yes you can see a few boarded PSs in your city/area to discuss TT options for you. Goos luck and nice weight loss. 

Further weight loss would be helpful

+1

It would be useful to know your body mass index (BMI), or your height but your photograph appears as though you would be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Depending on a physical examination, surgery could certainly be done now, but It would be a somewhat safer procedure and the result would be better if you could lose more than the planned 10-15 pounds before proceeding.

Roger J. Oldham, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Ready for Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on both your family and weight loss. Yes, based on your photos it looks like you would get a great result from a tummy tuck. Some additional liposuction in your low back/waist would also help to reshape your entire trunk. Go get some consults and good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD